University Center Gaylord GED Program
The University Center Gaylord is an official GED Testing Site offering testing and preparation opportunities through self-study and tutoring in both Gaylord (at the University Center) and Cheboygan (at the Cheboygan Area Public Library). It is highly recommended that students seeking to complete their GED do so before the regulations change after December 2013. Students who have partially completed their GED, but not finished it by the end of 2013, will need to retake, and pay for, all sections of the GED to comply with the new rules.
- Program Enrollment starts with an Intake Session that will generally take two to three hours.
- In the Intake Session, you will fill out enrollment forms and then take a computerized test called TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education). The results will be available immediately upon completion. The purpose of this test is to help us understand your current knowledge levels as the basis to determining whether you are ready to take the actual GED exams or whether you need preparation, in whole or part. If you are ready to test, we will schedule you to do so. We generally test twice a month (see “GED Exam Schedule”). If you are not ready to test, we will discuss options on how you can obtain the knowledge you will need to successfully test at a later date. The Intake Session costs $50 which you must bring in cash or money order made payable to the “University Center Gaylord” at the time of the Intake Session. If you are interested in paying On-Line, see “Your Next Step” and click on the “Online Payment” link.
- If advance preparation is necessary, we have four options to assist you; PLATO software, check-out GED self study books from the library, purchase of GED self study books at your local bookstore and tutors at both the University Center and Cheboygan City Library. These options will be discussed with you in greater detail when we review the results of your TABE test.
- There are five GED Exams: Reading, Writing, Science, Social Studies and Math. Each test costs $25 which must be paid in cash or money order on or before the test date. Exams can also be paid for Online.
- Our goal is to enable you to successfully complete all five GED tests as quickly as possible and on the first attempt. Retakes are limited to three times in one year and you must pay $25 for each retake. It is to your advantage to study, if necessary, so you can pass the first time, obtain your highest scores and avoid additional expense.
Once you successfully pass and complete your GED, a University Center advisor can explain the next steps to earning your college degree, including how to apply for financial aid to assist with college tuition and expenses. We are here to help you succeed!
Contact Jack Thompson at 989 705 3700 or email@example.com.